 Off-Topic / Debate / 12237
Re: Free Speech versus Trademark?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:27:23 GMT

I heard about this on the radio here in the UK. Parallels where drawn with
this case which was settled out of court between Hirsts and Humbrol:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_699000/699641.stm
http://www.artbroker.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=101
http://free.freespeech.org/ashh/dh/20000523.html

It was inferred that Humbrol’s case would have been thrown out of a US court.

Scott A

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
While reading MSNBC today, I came across this interesting article:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/613460.asp

In too much of a hurry now to develop my own thoughts further, I'd like to
pose a question.  Recalling issues like the Concentration Camp sets, Spite
Your Face's 2001 LEGO parody, etc, how do you think this could be applied to
LEGO's interpretation of 'Fair Play?'  How does it effect this community?
And how does it effect this community's relationship with the LEGO company?

-Tim