 Off-Topic / Debate / 12093
Re: Go ahead, make my day!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:10:27 GMT

By the way--no lawyer worth his shinola would allow you to remain on that
jury, of course.

If you were foolish enough to actually *say* that during jury selection.

I think I have the whole "sheep" thing down

That's funny larry.  I do the same thing.  Most of my coworkers have always
wanted schemes to get out of jury duty...but I always thought that was easy and
irresponsible.  I've always answered everything neutrally so that I would stay.

"maneuver one's self to be the foreman once deliberations start" which is
also very useful, (or so I hear).

How is this choice made?  It seems that the one time my jury duty lead to
hearing evidence for four hours before they settled at lunch time, we didn't
have a foreman.  When is there and is there not such a position?  And how do
you get to be it when there is?

At that point whip out the FIJA information (from memory, you might
get arrested if you bring literature in) and share with the rest of the jury
the duty to judge the *law* as well as the facts.

Arrested for what?

Chris