 Off-Topic / Debate / 12048
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:19:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Trobaugh writes:

Well Bruce, I'll let you in on the fact that I worked for the Fulton County
Sheriff's department for 4 years, and was well trained on how to use my
firearm. Also I was very aware of what intruders can do when they break into
a person's home, I've seen the results in person. So believe me when I say
any one who breaks into someone's home is considered a dangerous threat, and
should be treated as such.

Yes, and you get to shoot those kind of people.  I wasn't arguing that.
Just blasting away is on dangerous legal grounds is what I was talking
about.  Odds are you can get away with it.  Odds are you were right.  But
there are enough dead innocent people out there to prove my point.

So then what were you arguing? You've just confused me. Where is the
distinction?

My grandfather, with 20 years on the LAPD and about 20 more as a Special
Investigator for the State of California was my source, by the way.

Bruce