 Off-Topic / Debate / 12038
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:09:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Duane Hess writes:

That argument won't stand up in court.  Well, maybe it will in Texas...

Here’s where I got this: http://64.78.178.125/stat00/index.htm
Need I say more?

(clipping lengthy legal text - see previous message if you need to)

No, you needn't say more: it's reassuring that I got it right.  You can't
shoot someone for stealing a crust of bread.  There has to be the reasonable
belief that the person is going to do something extremely dangerous
(physical assault, arson, kidnap, murder. etc.).  Someone being in your
house uninvited is NOT open season to shoot first and ask questions later.
It's pretty darn clear about it.

Bruce