 Off-Topic / Debate / 12012
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:48:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:
Wow, an honest-to-gosh personal opinion that I can agree with...to bad some
of the masses here are pick it apart for all it's worth...

Well, I wasn't going to, but as long as you insist...

My ultimate point is that y'all can legislate, and call referendum's, and do
anything you want.  I am proud to a be a a radical conservative in the
Jeffersonian mold and I will NOT relinquish my right and duty to be armed no
matter what y'all come up with.

Jefferson was accounted a liberal.  He didn't follow tradition - he broke it.

I don't belong to the NRA.  I don't want to hurt anyone.  But when push
comes to shove, watch out for the guy with the 12 gauge riot control
shotgun! What that means is that if you come to my home unbidden (say in the
middle of the night and fingering my best Lego MOCs), I will shoot in your
general direction and make human hamburger out of you (Yes, I chose a gun I
could use without my glasses being on).

Oh dang - it was a fireman responding to a call and now you are up for
manslaughter!  Sorry, you don't get to shoot people just because they are in
your home.

Good choice of weapons, though, my 12 gauge has entirely too long a barrel.

It also means that if I see you
shooting people in the street, I will take you out of your own misery and
everyone else's.

Oops, it was a kid with a toy gun, and not only did you get him, you got a
bystander.  Meet your new cell mate, Bubba.

I am Mr. Crazy with a gun!  That's me.

*Entirely* taken out of context.  A cheap shot.  Oooooo, cheap shot, shotguns.
:-)

(my apologies on that one)

If you want to rewrite it, you had best find me a James Madison
or a Thomas Jefferson to do it too!

You'll have to settle for Clarence Thomas interpreting it.  I think I'd
rather face your shotgun - it's less dangerous!

Okay, I suppose most of that was macho posturing and perhaps not quite how
Richard would act, but I had to fulfill the prophecy!  :-)

Bruce