 Off-Topic / Debate / 11999
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:02:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
<big snip>

Each and every American of legal voting age (as many as possible, not just
the ones who show up on election day) deserves a say on this matter so that
the laws being made will reflect public opinion. It can go either way
(though I've stated which I'd personally prefer) but at least the people
would be truly represented. That's about as much detail I can give on the issue.

Dan

No, the only ones who "deserve" a say *ARE* the ones that show up on
election day.

I think the rule should be changed about who can vote anyways. I think if
you don't pay taxes, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. So if you are
receiving direct government assistance then you should be removed from the
voting roles. Otherwise you just vote yourself more assistance from the
producers in this country. But of course that's a bit off topic for this
discussion.

jt