 Off-Topic / Debate / 1194
Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:52:22 GMT

"Christopher L. Weeks" wrote:
Lar said:
NOTE: I am leaving CTP, effective 18 June 99, and my CTP email
will not work after then. Please use my Voyager id for now.

What's the scoop?

I'm going to work someplace else instead of CTP. My CTP email won't work
any more. That's the scoop, the whole scoop and nothing but the scoop.
Really. What part didn't you get? :-)

Oh, ok. It's not the whole scoop. You want more details? :-) Sure. You
asked, so this isn't an ad. Here's the blurbage:

I'll be joining Novera. We're a small (~50 people) product company. We
make a Java/CORBA framework that speaks XML, HTML, and CORBA to your
GUI, among other protocols, implements distributed transactions and lots
of other CORBA services, and has a object/relational mapping that can
work on any SQL db that can speak JDBC.

jBusiness is in release 4.5 so it's not vaporware. It has been used with
quite a few clients so far and I think it's pretty spiffy. Good tools,
good forward/reverse engineering between object and data schemas, lots
of integration with IDEs and other technologies, and implemented in 100%
pure Java so it can run anywhere there's a JVM.

I'll be working in Novera professional services. Still 100% travel, and
I won't be relocating to Burlington MA where we have our headquarters,
but I will be there next week, see loc.ma.bos for festing info..

If you know Java, CORBA, and SQL pretty (very!) well and live in the
Boston, MA area, our product engineering group has openings. If you know
Java, CORBA and SQL fairly well, have good client facing skills, live in
the US or Canada and have US work papers, and like to travel a lot, our
professional services group has openings. We haven't IPOed yet. We
aren't doing stuff outside the US yet, give us time.

Download the whitepapers from our website, read them, see if you've got
what it takes (our standards are pretty high), then send me your CV or
resume if you're interested. Send it to Voyager, not to my CTP ID and
not to my Novera ID... Next week my Novera ID will be operational, but
it isn't yet.

copied geek on the groups list because this is pretty geeky stuff.
Web Application Integration! http://www.novera.com