 Off-Topic / Debate / 11911
Re: Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:24:33 GMT

Fully automatic weapons are banned - you can't buy them for any amount of
money (legally).

Not at all, and this has never been so.  (I would point that even if inferior
'laws' stated that, they would be negated by the constitution, but that's not
really my point at this time.)

You can buy semi-automatic versions of the same weapons
*and* legally buy the parts to upgrade them to fully automatic.  Or at least
used to - it's not something I keep up on.

Or so my understanding goes - don't base your purchasing habits on what I • said.
:-)

See http://www.atf.treas.gov/regulations/27cfr178.htm for the details.

Chris