 Off-Topic / Debate / 11876
    Re: Drugs and guns —Jason J. Railton
   (...) I was replying in kind. Take it as you please, but I wasn't the first. My point was that it's a bad analogy because even with narcotic/alcohol prohibition, the first thing the criminals do is arm themselves. (...) Ah - a smiley. Hmm. Why am I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Drugs and guns —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) :-) (...) The smiley was meant (though obviously unsuccessfully) to point to my silly irony and indicate that such a result would _not_ be the best possible outcome. But I do think that it would be the outcome of a gun ban in the US. And I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Drugs and guns —Dave Schuler
     (...) While the health problems may be relatively inexpensive (though I don't believe it to be so), the heath costs are, I think, considerably smaller than the longterm impact upon productivity. Opponents might point to tobacco, caffeine, and (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Drugs and guns —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Very concise! Y'all can talk about these issues until everyone is blue in the face (or at least blue in the typing fingers...) but in the United States we have de facto guns and drugs in the hands of anyone wanting them. Yes, we have laws and (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)