 Off-Topic / Debate / 11843
  Re: Book burning (was Re: Flag Burning)

(...) Did you mean "he" my friend, or "he" the author? Either way, you were right, except that this particular friend was a woman. (...) I think I finished the first two books and had to politely excuse myself from the series when Beth tried to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Book burning (was Re: Flag Burning)

(...) Um, she'd be a mistress. :-) <GD&R> ... actually I understand that Vernor made an honest woman(1) of her for some while but they parted friends. 1 - you know, that phrase just bugs me, it seems wrong somehow. Seems to devalue love for (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)