 Off-Topic / Debate / 11792
Re: Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:07:00 GMT

Really, what do we need handguns and automatic weapons for except to protect
ourselves from ***holes with the same weapons?

Like the BATF? I agree.

In your world is the BATF your worst enemy?

Just the largest and scariest.

I expect you are either breaking the law, paranoid or live in a
country with zero crime. Which is it?

Or maybe you're wrong and argumentative for no purpose.

Why do you fear the BATF so much?

He doesn't.  I don't.  No one does...not in a visceral ever-present way.  But
when you look at their ability and willingness to forego reasonable tactics in
the illegitimate enforcement of unconstitutional laws, murdering the citizenry
to which they are supposed to protect and answer to...well, who wouldn't get
the willies just a little bit?

Because they tackled people in Waco or Ruby ridge who were willing to use
children as a human shield... just like Saddam did?

You aren't describing the situation in either case.  So how is one to answer?
Both cases were egregious violations of the rights of the citizens.

Chris