 Off-Topic / Debate / 11726
Re: Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:52:33 GMT

We have issues in this country and more guns is not the answer.

Sure it is.  Universal armament is the answer.  Distribute the entire national
arsenal to the people where it belongs and you'd see a reign of peace and
prosperity like no other.

Kind of like the old west, eh?  Oh wait, that was called the Wild West for a
reason.

You'd even more people shooting each other for trivial reasons than they do
now.  God only knows the carnage that would happen on the freeways.

I mean in excess of the current car-nage.  :-)

Not that I would
ever condone this, but maybe when someone pops a few caps in Charlton Heston
with an AK-47 then he'll rethink the "necessity" of such weapons.

Nope.  If I'm ever shot or otherwise brutalized, I'll be pissed off that none
of the witnesses was armed sufficiently to stop the crime.  If we all carried
guns, crime would grind to a screaching halt.

Do you have any actual evidence of such?

Bruce