 Off-Topic / Debate / 11664
Re: Laws about sex.... (was something else)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:51:26 GMT

10 years! he should have got twenty, he was already on probation, He
probably would have done it evetually and locking him up hardly counts as a
loss to society! I think what society gains from the removal of the risk he
posed far outways any supposed infringement of his rights.

Steve Lane
So, you're saying that the government can arrest me for fictional writings
about something that is illegal, but never took place anywhere but in my
head? And that it's right?!

-Duane

Yes

Look if someone has convictions for bomb making and you find a fake plan of
a bombing campaign in his home, your gonna put 2 and 2 together and put him
away.
How do you know it was 'fake' he's gonna say that isnt he.

Same in this case

Steve