 Off-Topic / Debate / 11631
Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:01:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:
But that doesn't change the fact that you got caught in a direct
contradiction and refuse to admit it.  You agreed when Chris said that
animals are amoral, and disgreed when Larry said that animals are amoral.

Have you read my respnse to Dave on this?

Which response, to which Dave?

Precision is good.

Do you agree with my summation below?  If not, could you give what *you*
think Chris meant, and what *you* think Larry meant?  From looking through,
it is very obvious that everyone who has commented (except you)

Including me I think.

thinks that
you have obviously contradicted yourself.

(from: http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=11313 )

Chris:
Neither the lion nor the wildebeest is concerned with
morality.  It is an action completely without moral regard.  It is
therefore amoral.  But not immoral.

Scott:
I agree.

Chris: Animals are amoral.
Scott: Yes.

Larry:
Sounds like you agree, then: animals are amoral.

Scott:
No, it sounds like you are puuting words in my mouth.

Larry: Animals are amoral.
Scott: No.

James
(still perpetuating folly, just like the next guy...)