 Off-Topic / Debate / 11630
    Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights? —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) By referencing the dietary constraint issue, are you talking about my ethical stance on vegetarianism? You are claiming that there is a difference between protecting lives and dietary restriction, but my dietary restriction does protect lives. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights? —Scott Arthur
   (...) No. Not at all. I meant consumption levels. I used to share an office with a guy who has utter contempt for anyone who is more than a pound overweight, gay or a Catholic(1). I was thinking of him when I wrote the text. He lives in the USA (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)