 Off-Topic / Debate / 11597
Re: What is spam? (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:42:33 GMT

  I think he was referring to your efforts to veer the debate
  in an attempt to make First Amendment = Child Pornography.
  Granted, there's room for a .debate there, but that's not the
  crux of the matter (nor, technically, is it a problem with
  the First Amendment--child porn is *illegal* in every state
  of the US, and just because people still do it doesn't mean
  that the First Amendment is to blame).

Why is it illegal? Is it because the majority find it offensive, or because
of the exploitation/harm to children? Perhaps both? If no exploitation/harm
to childrenwas involved in any way, should it be available in a free
society? Should the market be allowed to decide?

Scott A