 Off-Topic / Debate / 11591
Re: Guns & crowbars & mace, oh my (was: not SPAM)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:50:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:
(who regularly beats/gets beaten with a 1 1/2 inch rattan pole - but that's
a sport, so it's OK.)

O.K. sooooo I know that this if off-topic even for this off-topic thread…
But I really wanna know James!

Heh.  FUT .off-topic.fun, because it's fun, and that's not debateable. :)

What is your Belt:
Who’s your teacher:
What’s the name of your club:
Have you been to any competition:
What discipline of Martial Arts do you study:

I think you leapt to a conclusion. :)  But I'll give the answers anyway:(1)

My belt is a kidney belt, made of 5 inch wide 16 ounce leather, backed with
plastic plates.  It's dyed black, but that isn't relevant except that it
isn't red or white.

My teacher(s) are many (none particularly formal), but for primary
influences, I'd say Hjalti the Wonderviking, Squire Richard Bolden and
Squire Einar the Sweety-pie have the most influence on my fighting style.

My "club" is the Canton of Veraquilon, Barony Borealis, Principality Avacal,
in the Kindgom of An Tir.  Most people will more readily recognize "Society
for Creative Anachronism", though :)  :)  :)

I've been to 8 wars over the last three years, and two public demos.

My fighting style would be "sword & shield", or more irreverantly "sword &
board"

<grin>  Not the answers you were expecting?

James aka Iolar

1: Although the answers you were expecting would be a green belt, Master
Smith, Grand Master Simon's Temple Kung Fu, no, and kung fu - but not for
six or seven years.