 Off-Topic / Debate / 11588
Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:27:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:

That is *exactly* what we are doing when we say the lion is amoral.  We are
saying that our morals do not apply to it.

Uh, no, by the definitions you gave (and my understanding also) amoral does
not specifically relate to _our_ (human) morals, but _any_ morals.

Yes, you're right.  My imprecision.  What I meant was: "We are saying that
morals do not apply to it."

Mea culpa, mea culpa.

James