 Off-Topic / Debate / 11586
  Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment)

(...) Any film as a *true* representation of life? No. *A* representation of acts in real life interpreted by the director, producer, actors, etc.? Yes. (...) He never stated that films were an objective account of life, nor did I mean to imply that (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment)

(...) I don't mean to come down on the side of censorship here, but if you haven't noticed, we do have laws against public indecency and lewdness and laws against violence too. So your analogy, it seems to me, works against your stance. (...) But we (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment)

(...) I think the key phrase is "public indecency and lewdness." Sex, violence, indecency etc. don't always happen in public. (...) The reason that I chose that particular incident, is because there was a double shooting at a local mall the day (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)