 Off-Topic / Debate / 11581
Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:20:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
Duane Hess wrote:

Violence happens in real life to varying degrees. Get threatened with a
crow-bar

I see your crow-bar and raise you a gun (no I didn't get shot, but I did
have a gas station attendant pull a gun on me (see
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=2535 and it's followups if
you want to see the details).

I don't want to make light of your experience (alright... I do, but it's
only meant in jest), but isn't it usually the other way around? :-)

or get maced sometime. I feel that both are pretty violent and
they have both happened to me.

I've never been maced thankfully, but having a gun pulled on me was
plenty enough excitement to last me a lifetime.

The macing was unfortunately an assault by a gang of kids at a pool hall one
night. I should have gotten myself out of the situation earlier. However, my
smarter self was on lunch break at the time. I'm just thankful that nobody
got seriously hurt that night.