 Off-Topic / Debate / 11577
Re: Couldn't resist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:14:00 GMT

Dave Low wrote in message ...
Not to push the point, I'd say there _is_ a gradient between "female" and
"male". As always, the exceptional cases demonstrate the fluid boundaries • of the
majority. Take homosexuals, transexuals and hermaphrodites. Or heterosexual
nancy-boys or macho women. I don't think the differences are as utterly • obvious
as they first seem.

Indeed, and the gradient is not only mental/psychological but physical:
there are an amazing number of medical conditions which fall outside
traditionally physically male and traditionally physically female, from sex
chromosome anomalies (http://www.genetic.org/ks/scvs.htm)  (between 1 in 500
and 1 in 1000 live births, amazingly!) like XXY to intersexed people
(http://www.isna.org/). All invisible, so most of us accept the male/female
dichotomy we see around us unles we have some reason to dig into the
subject.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1