 Off-Topic / Debate / 11560
Re: Survey methodology relating to latest LP SPAM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:18:29 GMT

When did the polling take place?
What group was polled – age/sex/ethnic background?
What order were the questioned asked in?
Was any supplemental information given?
How was the poll undertaken - telephone / face-to-face/via the web?
Were any other questions asked?
Who are the “polling experts at the University of Connecticut” – and was
their comment related to the poll?

http://www.freedomforum.org/publications/first/sofa/2001/sofa2001.pdf

(methodology section)

Sorry, I did not see it when I read over the webpage the other day. None the
less, I think that telephone surveys are not as good as the real thing.
However, this is a moot point.

is all the info I have. Seems like your fairly standard telephone survey,
and they are not claiming huge accuracy, just the fairly typical (for this
sample size) 95 confidence +/- 3% (for the entire group) results.

Since this is a newspaper sponsored group, you'd think they have some
familiarity with how to do these surveys...  Their methodology seems very
similar to that used by Gallup/Roper et al, with likely similarity in accuracy.

As for your rebadging of the subject line, Scott... typical.

Hardly typical. Even if it was, it appears that I am not the only one who
thought your post "spam".

But it is typical of you to delete the parts of my posts you don't like...

Scott A

++Lar