 Off-Topic / Debate / 11483
11482  |  11484
Subject:
on the search for facts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 18:16:18 GMT

I followed the PETA link that Dan provided.  It was the first time I have
ever been to the site and found it rather easy to navigate.  Out of
curiosity I even read an article specifically about animal abuse in rodeo.
The article offered about a dozen or so references and provided them at the
bottom of the article.  Further, I randomly picked a reference and did a
search from my browser which led me to the origin of the
reference...unfortunately to actually read the entire newspaper article,
which was archived, required a registration and small fee.

The entire process (minus the distraction of a recent and available article
on the area's local military) only took approx. 15-20 minutes...

I think, therefor, that some of the participants of these current debates
are not entirely eager to prove or disprove statements made supporting
personal opinions...