 Off-Topic / Debate / 11460
Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 23:07:37 GMT

Daniel Jassim wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
Finding cites other than PETA is probably worthwile. I'm not too
inclined to pay much heed to their opinions.

Why? Just curious.

They are one of the most extreme "animal rights" organizations. While I
do feel there probably are some bad practices with animals, I don't
think blowing up buildings, burning buildings, and other such
destructive (and possibly endangering people) acts are at all a
reasonable way to try and raise attention about animal exploitation. I
can understand how people might feel that there is no other way, but our
culture does tend to listen to reasoned arguments, at least eventually.

I'm sure there are less extreme organizations which put out educational
material which would be far more effective.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com