 Off-Topic / Debate / 11429
Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:20:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
Larry, I really would like to know what your intent is of continiously
posting material from the Libertarian party?

My intent is to spark interesting discussion, nothing more. I am not the
only person who posts cites or excerpts from various places, although my
frequency may be a bit higher than some. I would welcome others posting
interesting discussion fodder more frequently than currently. Our
discussions have a tendency to get stuck on minutia and fresh meat, as it
were, keeps things moving along.

I would take issue with the term "continuously", though, as it is inaccurate.

Just to clarify, this particular item isn't from the LP, except
tangentially. I dug up and gave the cite to the original article and
organization, which is a foundation that was originally endowed by Gannett
and some other big newspapers, and which is not particularly libertarian
except in its support of the first amendment.

++Lar