 Off-Topic / Debate / 11426
Re: The purpose of lugnet.off-topic.debate (was Re: What is spam?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 00:00:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Gerber writes:

I am now making a concerted effort to not participate in
lugnet.off-topic.debate, unless the subject has been forwarded there
naturally from a subject directly related to LEGO, as LEGO is what I am
participating at LUGNET for in the first place. I feel that this is what
.debate was put in place for originally, as a way to move the more heated
LEGO arguments out of specific groups.

That wasn't Todd's intent, read the intro post he made that shows the
charter. You are more than welcome not to participate. It would be too bad
if you didn't, unlike some current participants we'd be better off without,
but there is no one forcing you to do so.

I'd rather argue politics and whatever else with this particular group of
people here on LUGNET than just about anywhere else, because, even when you
factor out the people that are low value add, this is a GOOD group (as you
said yourself). So I'm happy with the existance and the charter of this group.

YMMV.

++Lar