 Off-Topic / Debate / 11422
    Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment —Frank Filz
   (...) Yuck. The only checks on the media should be free market and property rights. (...) Protection against libel is a property right. (...) Things like autopsy photos should be adequately protected by property rights. The family most certainly has (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment —Duane Hess
   (...) I think I am defining that line of mine a little better. If there is questionable material on TV (which I feel there is), I don't watch it. If there are other people who feel as I do, ratings will drop. With dropping ratings, advertisers will (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)