 Off-Topic / Debate / 11017
Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:37:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Gerber writes:
Boy Larry, I am SO glad you started the 'Libertarian Propaganda'  thread.
(s) This is just do damn enlightening.

I think you meant "darn" enlightening, bub. :-)

Oops...sorry to all the kiddies out there! X-P

(All joking aside, I figure if I can hear words on the Simpsons at 6:00 in
the evening, I can type them here...then we can ALL live like kings...DAMN,
HELL, ASS KINGS!)

Well I am not sorry for starting the thread, but I am sorry that it seems to
be demonstrating what has been said about some people in the past as being
valid. Some people more than others, but it hasn't brought a lot of credit
to the general level of debate here, that's for sure.

Yepp-ers...'tis true. And actually, I'm hoping that Chris Weeks isn't too
put off by my last reply to him...just giving back in the mode givin', ya' know?

You realise of course that your big Bill of Rights post is going to take me
some time to formulate a response to, partly because I think it has a *lot*
of misconceptions in it. And I'll take the time to do it as soon as I can,
because I know you aren't going to be set off because someone disagrees with
you and because you seem to have an open mind (if someone can just out cite
you, that is!!! :-) ).

Would you rather I went at it point by point, or just get at the theme I
sense? The former is likely to increase the post length by a factor of two
again, but the latter is more subject to potential misinterpretation.

Well, it's, of course, up to you, but point-by-point does help solidify the
meaning (that's why I've been keeping so much in my posts...hope no one is
TOO put off by that). I think I would pefer it if you did it that way.

OTOH, perhaps some of us have been taking TOO much time with this thread,
and not enough enjoying our families on Father's Day, playing with their
LEGO, or whatever...I know I haven't spent much time with the family
today...so take your time, and don't sweat rushing, OK?

Happy Father's Day to those to whom it applies!

Matt