 Off-Topic / Debate / 10943
Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:47:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Shiri Dori writes:
<snip>

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
Heck, ultimately these reasons are probably the
ONLY reasons we have the public school system we have now.

Nitpicking here - that's not true. The public school system and the
requirement to attend it were formed in the late 19th century. The general
public wanted kids out of the cheap working force, because they were
depressing wages for everyone.

Fascinating! Do you have a cite for that? Should be interesting reading.

++Lar