 Off-Topic / Debate / 1089
Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 23:04:38 GMT

Wow, Richard.  Remember, any time spent watching that show cannot be
gotten back;-)

-John

Teletubbies cannot possibly be a cause of violence, merely
a reaction to it. I propose as a target for violent urges.
Though students in the UK suggest they watch it when they
cannot afford drugs, I suggest that their creation was to
channel, and diffuse, a society's violent tendencies by
providing a harmless, and unharmable target. I do recall
one Teletubbie shoot-em-up game.

Many strange and intriguing theories (many conspiracy-types)
surround these strange beings.

Teletubbies, however, reinforce negative imagery. Observe the
persecution of noo-noo! He is different from the others, and
subject to considerable abuse from Dipsy, Po, et al. Being a
frequent watcher of this show (mainly to annoy others at work),
have observed other, less desirable social ills exhibited by
this show, but am unable to recall what they were. It should
also be noted their lack of consideration for other fellow
life-forms. No effort is expended whatsoever to rescue the
poor little rabbits during one of Teletubbie-land's frequent
floods.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/