 Off-Topic / Debate / 10645
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:20:51 GMT

So no, this area isn't as well addressed as other tragedies by Libertarian
orthodoxy, hence my posing the question to others in search of concrete
solutions or suggestions. We got some suggestions which was good, plus the

I wish we could set up some microcosms were we can try these
polictical/economic ideas...

Here is a start. It is not pretty, but it is a start:
http://oceania.org/

I got the idea that he meant alternative conservation techniqes.  (But the more
that I think about it I sure may have been wrong.)

What's not pretty about that?  The web page, the Ociania complex, or the idea
of people building sovreignty on the seas?  The only problem with that is that
the Ociania project went belly up sometime around the Summer of '95...I was on
their mailing list for more than a year when I was an undergraduate student.  I
actually didn't know they still had a web site up still.  It looks like nothing
new has happened in many years.

But while I'm at it, Ociania -- if it were a reality -- rocks!  I was always
afraid that it was a scam, so I never sent them money.  But I was ready to buy
real estate once they got one afloat.

Chris