 Off-Topic / Debate / 10538
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 23:36:14 GMT

Scott A wrote:

Wrong. You have the cheapest pump prices. In environmental terms, what is
the cost of cheap oil? Effectively, cheap oil means we are fiddling while
Rome burns.

I'm probably in the ultra-minor minority of Americans who would like to
pay for the real price of oil- mainly to reflect the true environmental
costs.  I don't mind paying the currently high prices but, I think I'v
unintentially deluded myself to think I'm paying for stricter
environmental standards. :/

-chris