 Off-Topic / Debate / 10522
    Re: Rolling Blackouts —Frank Filz
   (...) While ownership of many things seems problematical, I think free market forces do work in environmental protections. I feel pretty confident that in a general sense, those nations with more market freedom have more concern for the environment. (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Christopher Tracey
     (...) I can't find the exact cite right now, but an extension of Maslow's 'Hierarchy of needs' implies that environmental awareness(1) and the desire to protect it typically does not arrise in a society until that society reaches some level of (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Scott Arthur
   (...) I am not sure if I agree. If you are correct, look at which companies are wrecking the planet in the developing world... it is multinational companies from the developed world. The true cost of life in the west is very high: Oil 'time-bomb' in (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)