 Off-Topic / Debate / 10451
Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 00:07:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Saudia?  That's a new one.  :)

Hah! My fault, I'm used to the Arabic way of calling it "Saudia" instead of
"Saudi Arabia."

Daniel Jassim wrote:
I used to be more idealistic but I'm seeing too much of our nation's
motives being driven by greed rather than a genuine attitude of world
solidarity.

  That is, IMHO, a sign of our times that we feel that way.  It
  mostly betokens alienation of ourselves from our governments,
  and an increasing feeling of facelessness and namelessness in
  a rapidly changing world.  That is, in its rudest form, called
  "despair."

  I tend still to be an optimist, however.  :)

Good for you! We need more!!!

Dan