 Off-Topic / Debate / 10405
Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 05:50:07 GMT

The logistics of a conventional invasion of the U.S. are quite beyond
virtually any nation.  Paranoia scenarios like "Red Dawn" always amuse me.

Hah! Classic 80's Cold War paranoia, with Patrick Swayze to boot! The sad
thing is that paranoia helps sell weapons. I have no doubt that our country
makes enemies when none are there just to validate military spending. I
looked back at one LUGNETer's post talking about a space-based weapons
platform to protect America from Iraqi Scuds. Reality or paranoia?

Dan