 Off-Topic / Debate / 10364
  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) Oh my GOD. You're kidding, right? I mean, the British just built tunnels for hedgehogs, and let behavioral modification take its course. The birds would learn, soon enough...the Canada geese sure learned fast how not to migrate! Have you seen (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

I gotta say, I don't get this one. A few odd birds get killed. Can't say I like it, but at the same time, how many get killed by the pollution of a coal-burning power plant? Seems counter-productive to me. I don't know a tree-hugger that would agree (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Bird Processors (was Re: Rolling Blackouts)

(...) I'd like to see the data on this in any case. Birds have done just fine sitting on high-tension wires, so I expect they could adapt fairly quickly to windmills. From a more technical POV, I've read studies that many (I'm not sure which, (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)