 Off-Topic / Debate / 10337
    Re: Rolling Blackouts —James Simpson
   (...) Its all corporate graft. Here in Houston (home of Enron, which has been fighting a court order to sell power to California), our energy costs are expected to triple this summer. Why? Even in August, Texas' month of peak demand, our energy (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —James Simpson
   (...) Forgive me for adding an adendum to my own post, but as I was driving back to work from my lunch hour a few minutes ago, it just occured to me that, yes, Enron really *is* building a twin for its existing skyscraper downtown. Yes, we have to (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Lester Witter
   (...) consumers. (...) for (...) we (...) really (...) it. (...) I read an article about Texas power in the WSJ this week. According to the article Texas has made a delibert effort to not be connected to the inter-state power grid. Not being (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)