 Off-Topic / Debate / 10298
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 10:53:35 GMT

An addendum to my previous posts regarding the Israeli occupation:

Although I have used the term "Palestinian" repeatedly to describe the Arabs
of that area, I realize that there are certain inaccuracies with the term.
The root word is "Phillistines," a group of people who were enemies of the
Jews. Some people believe the Roman historians spitefully named an area
Phillistia which, through the generations of invaders, changed to Palestine.

The "Palestinians" today are no relation to the Phillistines. Palestinians
are a mixture of peoples but are predominately Semetic like the Jews. And
Arabs are Semetic. So, it may have been more accurate for me to say Semites
or Arabs. There was no intent on my part to spread Arab propaganda or hide
any facts about anyone. I normally prefer the term Arab, but regretfully
used the term more people were familiar with on this matter.

I do not believe in an "Arab-only" Israel, nor will I ever concede a
"Jewish-only" state. I will agree that each group has equal claim there and,
therefore, should have equal power. I believe in the brotherhood of Jews and
Moslems. Sadly, the Zionists decided that they wanted all the Arabs out and
have Israel for themselves. Similarly, some Arabs chose to fight the Jewish
immigrants rather than form partnerships, and continue to use violence as a
form of resistence. However, regardless of what anyone may say, the Israelis
are unmatched in their acts of terror, brutality and aggression against the
Arabs. There isn't a violent Arab action on record since the creation of
Israel that matches the Massacre of Deir Yassin.

http://www.deiryassin.org

And there is a long list of massacres on record, countless cases of human
rights violations (from murder to torture to Jewish slavery), international
law violations, assassinations, over 30 U.N. resolutions, and decades of
military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, and land in Syria and Lebenon.

So when I said "the Europeans should pack up and go home," I consider them
to be undeserving of any claim to the land. They completely failed to ever
establish a nation under the principles of their mandate which clearly
specified that the 700,000 or so Arab inhabitants should not be disturbed.
Jews allowed the Arabs to be terrorized, slaughtered, and ran out. They
continue to steal Arab land, bulldoze homes and build settlements with the
conceit that Israel is exclusively theirs. And the pro-Zionist media
continues to obscure the truth from the American public.

This is unethical. This is against Judaism, Christianity and Islam. This is
all part of the Zionist scheme to rid the Holy Land of Christianity and
Islam. Even Islam recognizes Israel as the rightful home to the Jews and
Jerusalem as their Holy city, but nowhere is it allowed that innocent men,
women and children may be murdered in the name of the Almighty. The
Israelis, like the Nazis, are guilty of genocide. In addition to murdering
or crippling thousands upon thousands, they have robbed the "Palestinians"
of their homes, livelihood, dignity and cultural identity.

I'll close with the reminder that this topic was started on the subject of
Holocaust Rememberence Day. It deeply saddens me that so many Jews did not
learn from the horrible lessons of the Holocaust. They repeat the Nazi
practices of stereotyping and dehumanizing others. They use terror,
aggression and brute force to control others. They have invaded and occupied
other countries. And like the Nazis, the Zionists consider Jews the "master
race" of the Holy Land.

However, I am thankful that a fellow Israeli LUGNETer reminded me that not
all Israelis are in agreement with the occupation. The younger generation is
now realizing that they have inherited the murky legacy of their
grandparents and must answer for those mistakes. Sadly, the younger
generation of Arabs are growing up with the spectre of occupation and of
friends, relatives and homes taken by the Israelis. Can they not help but
rebel? I agree that all the violence needs to stop, that colonialization
goes no further, that Israel returns occupied lands and that both sides
agree on either one state with equal representation or two separate
autonimous states. I retract my remark that the Europeans should go home,
but certainly the hard core Zionists need to for the good of Israel.

Dan