 Off-Topic / Debate / 10293
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 08:35:37 GMT

The people who least want to see a reduction in the military are those who
make the weapons. Take a look how much the companies who will work on Son of
Star Wars gave Dubya for his election.

Ugh!  Don't even start me on that ridiculous cash cow!  I foresee, shortly
after the implementation of this fine umbrella, someone boating up the
Potomac with a suitcase bomb or a big tank full of anthrax.

You are missing the point! It has nothing to do with defence. It has two
objectives:
1. Start a "new" arms race and bankrupt China.
2. Move large amounts of money from US taxpayers to US shareholders.

Everything else is salesman’s banter.

Scott A

I think a real distinction can be drawn, however, between maintenance and
upgrading of existing technologies and the creation of a system to deal with
a created and fictitious need.
exist yet and/or doesn't work, George Will argued on Sunday that no one
knows if ICBM's worked, but we built them anyway.  Sounds like airtight
reasoning to me!  I'll have to get to work on patenting my perpetual motion
machine.

     Dave!