 Off-Topic / Debate / 1017
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 10:31:44 GMT

Terry K wrote:

On Sun, 16 May 1999 17:51:47 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) wrote:

The main beef I have with foreigners is that, for the most part, their
money is prettier than ours.  Who the hell picked green as the color
of money?

Sure, lots of countries have pretty money. Some are outright garish.  But I
think the greenback has a certain understated elegance to it.

   Plus a certain understated recognition value.  There's a brief piece on US
currency and its legitimacy as a *global* standard of exchange in the New York
Times magazine this weekend--worth reading, even if the nationalistic hyperbole
gets tiring at times.

   LFB.