 Off-Topic / Debate / 10141
  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Indeed. But is was not until more recently untail it came into common usage. Most of the the world still refers to the UK as Britain, or more annoyingly England. (...) I do not doubt what you are saying. However, I have to say that the same (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Those have long been a problem. I can agree with respect to "UK" not being the common usage; however, the official usage dates from that period, and in the records it's standard from 1800 even when the records are informal (although the (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)