 Off-Topic / Debate / *7026 (-5)
  Re: From Harry Browne

I'm not going to reply to most of this, as I doubt we'd ever really reach a consensus. It really comes down to what your life is about: 1. Being a part of society 2. Or the accumulation of personal wealth. If you with the best way to succeed in life (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Thanks! I agree. It *is* very charitable. (...) So am I. And I think my contributions, allocated by me, are more effective than yours, allocated by bureaucrats. (...) I suspect a typo, I think you meant to say "just not convinced"... because (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Harry Browne

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G3oEv3.H9y@lugnet.com... (...) I've (...) my (...) don't (...) Hmm this sounds very charitable. Personally, I quite happy to be a member of society, and contribute to it passively (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's All Over...

Ah, ah, ah! Don't say it's over until the final vote is counted. 630 votes difference in the state of Florida does not mean the election is over. You forget that the most Democratic areas of the state have yet to be counted. Popular vote does count. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact