 Off-Topic / Debate / *6676 (-5)
  Re: A little self examination?

(...) I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this... there is *nothing wrong* with being elitist... as long as it's a meritocracy. In large part, that *is* the way things operate in a lot of groups, there are people who most people know are (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@home.com> wrote in message news:G2ovu8.n12@lugnet.com... (...) impossible (...) everyone's (...) Regardless of 'leader' status, I think that the good thing here is that we can get to know each other personally through (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A little self examination?

(...) I can see your concern but I wouldn't really worry about it. Although I didn't participate in the thread yesterday I did read it. To me responding to such posts is like throwing water on a grease fire and thats why I have come to avoid them. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A little self examination?

(...) Aye. And remember, this is a discussion forum. Some very good posts don't lend themselves to further discussion, and so don't get much (or any) follow-up. And some very crummy posts get tons of followup. (...) Not that it's wrong either. Trust (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A little self examination?

Tim, Wise words. It is a pity that some of these things have raised their heads before, let's hope this is the last time. The golden rule is to never say anything online that one would not say in person to anyone. I'm not saying I'm perfect (others (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact