 Off-Topic / Debate / *4061 (-5)
  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) No you're not. There's just such a vast conceptual gulf between those that think that man is innately evil and those that think that he is innately good, that you may never be able to bridge it, distracting and disingenious accusations of (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

(...) I have no idea if you did or not, although I'd tend to doubt it. I'm asking what the phrase "to draw a longish bow" means, NOT trying to critique the overall argument. I snipped it all away except for the phrase because that's what I was (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

(...) Are you referring to the use of this phrase or the content of my argument? Have I used something incorrectly? Pete Callaway (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

(...) This is an interesting usage, can you tell me what it means? To make a farfetched argument by exaggeration? (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ... (...) neighbor (...) because (...) Good for you. I am sure you found a much better place to go. I'm really glad you left. Where will you be when the people you are punishing decide to vote with their feet? (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact