 Off-Topic / Debate / *4021 (-10)
  Re: Larry isn't amusing

(...) The preceeding line did not appear in Larry's original message, and the way it appears it seems to be written by him. This is not the case. I'm not quite sure how it got there, but I have double-checked, and he did not say it. I wish to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blair Witch Project - Thoughts?

(...) This movie *really* affected me; such that I would go so far as to say I was not stable after seeing it. Had I known what I was in for, I would have not chosen to go. Shortsightedness and a complete lack of common sense at the time enabled my (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We are not amused (was Re: Keeping Larry Amused

(...) I did. It was right there. I admitted it. *You quoted me*. All you were trying to do is get in a cheap shot. (...) You asked me about where I thought you were wiggling. I answered. Note that you accused me FIRST. Sorry you didn't like the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  We are not amused (was Re: Keeping Larry Amused

Yes, I cut some stuff away, but my point stands. You need to be able to admit you're wrong when you are, and you need to admit that a point is proven when it is. I have no issues with my own record on that score, my honesty and integrity are pretty (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keeping Larry Amused

(...) Larry, you cut the attrib to Richard, so you make it look like I was saying that to you (wiggle). Further, you cut the part that prompted my response (wiggle). The part was more critical of the person I was responding to (wiggle). That person (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: vacation

Me again. Back, but very busy at work suddenly (several co-workers left, for various reasons, while I was gone. so I have to do twice as much....). (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keeping Larry Amused

(...) Please elaborate. We each seem to have a perception that the other is wiggling. Why is that? (...) Not exactly. I'd state it as, responsible for some bad occurance on my property that was an accident, not as, responsible for the immigrant (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Good/Bad/Neutral (Was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Agreed! (...) Fence suggests a dichotomy, besides which, birthing atop a fence could be dangerous! I am curious as to why you think we are born 'good'. Not arguing, just curious - my reasoning would initially follow the evolutionary model, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keeping Larry Amused

(...) No, you just need to get a little better at saying "you are right" than you currently are, that's all. There's no need for you to hate yourself about it. (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Corporate vs Individual liability

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) is (...) Well, the owbers or stockholders are responsible also, though in many cases a stockholder's responsibility is less since he isn't directly running the company they way the CEO is. (...) refuses (...) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact