 Off-Topic / Debate / *25966 (-5)
  Re: False premise in this message needs to be identified as what it is

(...) Hi Dave, the point I was trying to make was that when you deal with a topic that has moral/religious implications (such as homosexuality), if before the discussion has even begun, you state that religious factors will not be taken into (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Yes, he does. I was simply pointing out that the posts don't get there by themselves. BTW I think only posts in .announce can get there with only 1 spotlight, anything else seems to require 3 or 4. I have, in fact, noted in the past that (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

Man, this feels like such a better place to talk about non lego related issues! I suggest all .people groups move here! "John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:I4Bs8n.zsw@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Hi Chris, well, strictly speaking, I meant a gene expressed in gay people as opposed to straight people, or expressed more or less highly between the 2 different groups. Any number of mechanisms could account for such an occurance (probably (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: False premise in this message needs to be identified as what it is

(...) I can't say I agree-- by saying that, you're absolutely forcing LUGNET into a position of choosing a religion by arguing that something that's *unreligious* is a religion in and of itself. Hence, you could argue that nothing ever was (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact