 Off-Topic / Debate / *18711 (-10)
  Re: What a downer :-(

"Steve Burge" <steveburge@b_i_g_f_o_o_t.com> wrote in message news:H856EB.6DA@lugnet.com... <snip> Video games have an advantage over board games in that you can play them when no-one else is willing to play a game with you</snip> Isn't that down to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.technic)

  OMGoodness--an American tells it like it is (outside ot-d)

(URL) especially like the 10 reasons to switch--here's just one: " Number 4: America prides itself in being the "leader of the Western World, leader of the free nations." The cornerstone of this being Democracy, something the Vikings of Iceland (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Great resource for finding newspaper stories

(URL) (1) The "internet public library" purports to collect links to online versions of many many newspapers. I checked it out and found several, although I can't guarantee every link they said is there actually is. Thanks to "Seraphim" of Megatokyo (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What's the big deal about the Mini TIE?

(...) Hehe, I remember seeing that. I thought "Wow, what a lame set!" But still, business is business. Kind of sneaky, yet funny. ~Evan Butzlaff (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants

(...) Alright then, I don't accept your perspective. I think it's a baseless emotional response to Larry. (...) That's another baseless accusation AND name calling. (...) There is no balance point. There is no line to cross between "good" and "bad". (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants

(...) I had already said it was a matter of perspective. (...) I get the feeling you are being obtuse... (...) After avoiding the question a number times, you now claim the question is invalid. I'll try again; Is that, on balance, good or bad? (...) (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Interesting Ebay auction

(...) Sure, it sounds like a cool idea, but I'll bet that the shipping charges are murder. Dave! (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Interesting Ebay auction

(URL) THE ENTIRE RUSTIC TOWN OF BRIDGEVILLE CA" Wow, wonder what people are going to auction off next. -JHK (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The One Brick

(...) And thus shall often be told in later days great tales, amongst those the story of Nathan of the Ten Fingers and the Brick of Doom. Peace and Long Life, and a very Merry Christmas, Tony Alexander (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What's the big deal about the Mini TIE?

(...) Umm, isn't this off-topic for off-topic.debate? o-t.d is for serious debates, not everything that comes along that might be controversial... For that matter, I'm not sure why it's x-posted to .general. Frank who is logging in from his mom's (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact