 Off-Topic / Debate / *13361 (-10)
  Historical Significance of Iraq

Just a few positive facts to ponder: + Human civilization began over 5,000 years ago in what is now Southern Iraq. + Iraq, in ancient times known as Mesopotamia, is located between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers - the cradle of human civilization. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

These are some cold statistics regarding the sanctions against Iraq, which do have a profound impact on the Iraqi people regardless of what anyone says or thinks who is to blame. The sanctions only further strengthen, not weaken, Saddam Hussein's (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) Heck no - I'm talking about the current messes. Why build bases in places like Saudi-Arabia? Because of their love for democracy. Why support Israel? Why continue the current mess in Iraq. Why seek the extradition of an individuals without (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) This is a *very* interesting point. The UK, France & Holland have very suspect colonial pasts. Why is it that the people we oppressed don't hate us like so much of the world appears to hate the USA? Is the collective memory short or does the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

Dave I have provided support for my argument. I have never said that I think 500,000 have died due to sanctions. Never. I disagree with Larry when he says none have died. I think a great deal have, but I have no idea how many. That is my argument. I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) His answer was not a valid answer. Therefore it is not an answer... and that's the best I can do to get out of that one! :) (...) Independent of me! Seriously, I tend to get news which does not follow political dogma. The BBC is independent as (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) Don't worry. I'm very happy to be part of the UK *and* Europe. Scotland has 10% of the UK population, but 90% of the culture (and 95% of the tooth decay and heart disease!) :0 Scott A (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The big lie

(...) hideous, (...) I was talking more about how the air industry has weakened security proposals in the past - not their failure to implement existing regulations. (...) it's (...) it. (...) So (...) work, (...) My worry is that if the market is (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) As I recall, you're willing to go to great lengths to assign a measure of blame to those who do not cause the events that befall them: (URL) and elsewhere so I suppose you're willing to extend the concept of blame beyond what I would consider (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:GKL3y3.Ay9@lugnet.com... (...) taken (...) And for Scott's benefit, I should have included the independance of Scotland of course Mel Gibson is not going to let us forget (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact