 Off-Topic / Debate / *12376 (-5)
  Re: Moral or Immoral (was Re: Cuba)

(...) The speaker/writer. An action is moral to the extent that it satisfies one's sense of aesthetic about how the world should work. So charging interest on a loan is moral to the capitalist who believes that this fuels the economy making greater (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Views on asylum seekers?

(...) I wouldn't. At least not particularly. I suppose it would be reasonable to donate to some organization that helped them find work. The housing market could supply a place to live. (...) No. That wouldn't be much of a welcome. (...) Maybe...but (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Are we doing the right thing?

(...) Depends. I try to draw relevance to the here and now, elements of the present-day psyche or political order, whenever possible. (...) You're telling a story, kind of like Grandpa's family lore. It's just on a national--or world--scale. When it (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Moral or Immoral (was Re: Cuba)

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GIsxC4.C4A@lugnet.com... [snipped] (...) well (...) based (...) [snipped] I'm not just picking on Larry here, but I think this is a good time to ask: Moral or immoral according to who? (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Views on asylum seekers?

(...) I hadn't heard that - and I'm skeptical that would happen, given the position of the government. Here's another story about the court action which has been brought by civil libertarian groups (URL)Australia has many refugee camps where such (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact