 Off-Topic / Debate / *11756 (-5)
  Re: *Child* Handgun Death Rate

(...) I understand that you are not responding to me here, but I thank you anyway. I'm glad that someone else here actually understands that there are valid arguments against gun paranoia. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) Admittedly, no. At least as far as I knew, they weren't. At some remove, I can tell you I'd think I'd be less likely to intervene in a fist fight, though, than in a situation where someone had a gun drawn, assuming I was carrying. Fist fights (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) Not to lessen the significance of your prior actions, but for the context of this debate, were these life-or-death situations, on the street, in which you put yourself in harm's way for a stranger? Even if it was breaking up a fist fight (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

"Bruce Schlickbernd" <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message news:GGMv7M.CBM@lugnet.com... (...) entire national (...) peace and (...) West for a (...) they do (...) <snip> Funny, I have been carrying a concealed firearm for 5 years now and no (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) I don't agree. (...) I do agree - THAT is the answer. Stop penalizing law-abiding citizens (or unnecessarily making them criminals by outlawing something the Constitution protects), and swiftly/harshly deal with the real criminals. (...) And (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact